I Vini di Veronelli
Among the best Italian guides for the wines of our territory, there is the Guida Oro (Gold Guide) – I vini di Veronelli.
Every year the non-profit association "Seminario Permanente Luigi Veronelli" publishes the Guide, a reference point in the Italian wine scene, aimed at safeguarding and promoting the culture of wine and food of Bel Paese.
In order to fulfil its purpose, the Guida Oro is committed to returning to the reader a truthful image of the best Italian wine productions, after a careful study of the related business realities.
The Azienda Agricola Montioni has received excellent recognition in 2020 from Guida Oro – I vini di Veronelli for different vintages of its Montefalco wines:
- Montioni Montefalco Sagrantino D.O.C.G. - Recognition: Great Debut (91/100)
Award reserved for wines that have never appeared in the guide and have achieved at least the score of 91/100.
- Montioni Montefalco Sagrantino D.O.C.G. – score 89/100
- Montioni Montefalco Rosso D.O.C. – score 87/100
- Montioni Grechetto Umbria I.G.T. – score 85/100
2021 is off to a great start and surprises our Winery and Oil Mill with the excellent evaluations of Montioni wines by Guida Oro – I vini di Veronelli of 2021:
- Montioni Montefalco Sagrantino Ma.Gia – Recognition: Excellent Wine. Score 91 out of 100.
- Montioni Montefalco Rosso D.O.C. – score 88/100
- Montioni Umbria Rosso I.G.T. – score 88/100
- Montioni Grechetto Umbria I.G.T. – score 86/100
We are very proud of the score of our beloved Sagrantino Ma.Gia! Who knows what else awaits us in this new year!