Ma.Gia Montefalco Sagrantino 2015 D.O.C.G.
INTENSE FLAVOUR WITH THE AROMA OF LIQUORICE, BLACKBERRIES, CHERRIES, AND DARK CHOCOLATE
Ideal for dishes based on truffle, lamb, and grilled meat.
This wine is dedicated to the fourth generation of the family.
Attention: limited quantity! Available online only 150 bottles of the 1200 produced!
We present the new Montioni Ma.Gia Montefalco Sagrantino
The 2015 Ma.Gia Montefalco Sagrantino D.O.C.G. is the new wine produced by the Azienda Agricola Montioni to celebrate a special event: the birth of Matteo and Giacomo (Ma.Gia), the fourth generation of the Montionis.
Why so special?
Our Ma.Gia Sagrantino is produced from 100% Sagrantino grapes, coming from the Montionis’ best vineyard, which is Fonte Petrella.
Its grapes, carefully selected and hand-picked from the second half of October, are left in stainless steel tanks to ferment spontaneously, without using selected yeasts.
The wood aging lasts 30 months in our new Barrique, a 225-litre French oak barrel, prior to the 12-month final aging in the bottle.
Packing is important as well!
The Ma.Gia Sagrantino will be delivered to your home within a very precious wooden crate marked with fire to underline the elegance and excellence of this Made in Italy product.
What are its characteristics?
With a deep purple-red colour, Ma.Gia Montefalco Sagrantino recalls aromas of liquorice, black cherries, cherries in alcohol, and dark chocolate. By serving it between 61-64 °F, this wine pairs perfectly with dishes based on truffle, lamb, grilled meat, pigeon, and game.
- Ma.Gia Montefalco Sagrantino
- Medium aging red wine
- GRAPE VARIETY
- 100% Sagratino
- PRODUCTION AREA
- Territorio di Montefalco – Umbria
- 450 meters a.s.l.
- Exclusively by hand starting from the second half of October
- Careful selection of the grapes followed by spontaneous fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature without using selected yeasts. Long maceration on the skins (about 55 days) with daily punching down
- WOOD AGING
- 30 months in precious fine-grained oak woods
- 12 months in the bottle
- Intense purple red
- Complex and elegant bouquet with hints of liquorice, black cherries, cherries in alcohol, and dark chocolate
- Full-bodied, rich, and intense
- SERVING TEMPERATURE
- 61-64 °F
- ALCHOL CONTENT
- 15 % by vol.
- FOOD PAIRING
- Recommended with dishes based on truffle, lamb, grilled meat, pigeon, and game
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- Open the bottle two hours before being served to perceive all its nuances
- 750 ml