MONTIONI Umbria Rosso I.G.T.
SMOOTH FLAVOUR AND AROMATIC SCENTS.
For those who love to drink well even daily.
It fully expresses the strength of the Umbrian territory and the freshness of Montefalco hills.
NEW IN! Umbria Rosso I.G.T. 2019
From the heart of Umbrian hills, Montioni Umbria Rosso I.G.T is born, a young everyday red wine.
This Umbrian red wine is made from 50% Sangiovese grapes and 50% Merlot grapes.
In the Montionis’ vineyards, Umbria Rosso is hand-picked during the first days of September.
Fermentation processes take place in steel, with a short maceration on the skins kept at controlled temperature.
Finally, the refinement in the bottle lasts about 4 months.
Montioni Umbria Rosso IGT red wine is immediately recognizable by its intense ruby red colour with garnet reflections.
On the palate it is fresh and balanced, ranging from dry to sweet.
Undoubtedly, the aroma is typical of its kind: hints of cherries in alcohol and spices are the scents that immediately reach the nose.
If you are looking for a good Umbrian red wine, with a genuine flavour to complement your meals, Montioni Umbria Rosso is the one that suits you! It goes well with your pasta dishes, especially with meat sauce and risotto; it is perfect with cured and boiled meats.
Without the need for pre-opening before meals, it is also ideal as an aperitif or wine to be served by the glass.
Currently the on-line selling is active only in ITALY. For foreign shipments contact us by our contact form.
- Montioni Umbria Rosso I.G.T.
- Young red wine
- GRAPE VARIETY
- 50 % Sangiovese, 50% Merlot
- PRODUCTION AREA
- 450 metri a.s.l.
- By hand into well-ventilated crates from early September
- Fermentation in steel with short maceration on the skins at controlled temperature
- 4 months in the bottle
- Ruby red with garnet reflections
- Balanced with hints of spices and cherries in alcohol
- Fresh and balanced
- SERVING TEMPERATURE
- 57-60 °F
- ALCHOL CONTENT
- 14 % by vol.
- FOOD PAIRING
- It pairs perfectly with pasta dishes, risotto, cured and boiled meats
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- It does not require pre-opening before meals, excellent even in summer if kept at cool temperatures. It can be used in wine bars or restaurants as a wine to be served by the glass or as an aperitif.
- 750 ml.