MONTIONI Umbria Grechetto I.T.G.
FRESH FLAVOUR AND DELICATE AROMAS
White wine excellent with all first courses, perfect with fish and white meats.
NEW IN! Umbria Grechetto I.G.T. 2020
Grechetto is a native white grape, typical of Umbria, and the most used variety for white wine production in the region.
How we produce our Montioni Umbria Grechetto I.G.T.?
In our Azienda Agricola Montioni , the blend of Umbria Grechetto I.G.T. is vinified in purity with 100% Grechetto grapes; these are hand-picked, then fermented in steel at a controlled temperature, where they spend three months of aging, and finally a further three months in the bottle. The result of Umbria Grechetto I.G.T. processing is a young white wine, easy-drinking even if not paired with food.
What are its unique qualities?
Montioni Umbria Grechetto I.G.T. shows a straw yellow colour with golden reflections, very bright. On the palate it is fresh and round, the aroma contains notes of flowers, canned fruit, and citrus.
This is the reason why Montioni Umbria Grechetto I.G.T is a still white wine that can be easily paired with appetizers, first courses, and white meats such as rabbit, but it is also perfect with fish dishes (especially with codfish).
Montioni Grechetto, if served at cool temperatures, is also an excellent aperitif wine, especially during the summer.
It can be served immediately after uncorking since it does not require pre-opening.
In the new column of our blog TO THE ORIGINS OF TASTE the Azienda Agricola Montioni reveals something more about Umbria Grechetto I.G.T.
Learn more by clicking the following link: UMBRIA GRECHETTO – THE MOST TYPICAL WHITE WINE OF UMBRIA
Currently the on-line selling is active only in ITALY. For foreign shipments contact us by our contact form.
- Montioni Umbria Grechetto I.G.T.
- Young white wine
- GRAPE VARIETY
- 100% Grechetto
- PRODUCTION AREA
- 450 metri a.s.l.
- By hand into well-ventilated crates from early September
- Fermentation in steel at controlled temperature
- 3 months in steel and 3 months in the bottle
- Straw yellow tending to golden
- Floral and herbaceous notes with hints of vanilla, canned fruit, and citrus
- SERVING TEMPERATURE
- 50-54 °F
- ALCHOL CONTENT
- 13 % by vol.
- FOOD PAIRING
- Ideal for all first courses, excellent with fish and white meats or simply as an aperitif
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- It does not require pre-opening before meals, excellent in summer if kept at cool temperatures.
- 750 ml.
- Bibenda - Veronelli - Wine Spectator