MONTIONI Montefalco Sagrantino D.O.C.G.
INTENSE FLAVOUR AND SPICED AROMAS:
Ideal for mature cheeses, roasts, and game dishes.
The Montioni Ambassador in the World.
Montioni Montefalco Sagrantino D.O.C.G. 2016
Montioni Montefalco Sagrantino – an Umbrian tradition for generations
Montioni Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG is a long-aging red; after the harvest, strictly by hand, the vinification with maceration lasts more than a month, followed by a 24-month aging, exclusively in French wooden barrels (barrique), and a 12-month refining in the bottle.
Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG is the Umbrian red wine par excellence.
Extremely tied to the territory of Montefalco (PG) since ancient times, Montefalco Sagrantino is one of the protected wines that most represents this area of Umbria since it can be made exclusively from Sagrantino grapes, a vine that grows only in this defined geographical area, as the Protocol wants.
The Azienda Agricola Montioni has been producing this Umbrian red wine for generations, solely from 100% Sagrantino grapes, coming from its own vine in the hills of Montefalco, at an altitude of 450 meters, with passion and respect for the unique area from which this native wine is made.
The result of this long process in the Montioni Cellar is a wine with a dry and full-bodied flavour, with complex and delicate aromas of blackberries, plum, vanilla, leather, and coffee. On the palate it is velvety and soft, however intense.
Top pairings for an Umbrian red wine with these unique characteristics
Montioni Montefalco Sagrantino goes perfectly with grilled red meat, game, roast lamb, and mature cheeses.
Our suggestion to fully enjoy the aroma of this Sagrantino wine, is to open the bottle of Montioni Montefalco Sagrantino about two hours before being served and to pour the product in large glasses at a temperature of 64 °F.
In the new column of our blog TO THE ORIGINS OF TASTE the Azienda Agricola Montioni reveals something more about Sagrantino di Montefalco D.O.C.G.
Learn more by clicking the following link A JOURNEY INTO THE WORLD OF SAGRANTINO - MONTEFALCO
Currently the on-line selling is active only in ITALY. For foreign shipments contact us by our contact form.
- Montioni Montefalco Sagratino D.O.C.G.
- Long-aging red wine
- GRAPE VARIETY
- 100% Sagrantino
- PRODUCTION AREA
- Montefalco (PG)
- 450 meters a.s.l.
- By hand from the second week of September
- Fermentation in steel with skin maceration at controlled temperature for about 35-40 days
- WOOD AGING
- 24 months exclusively in 225-litre French wooden barrels
- 12 months in the bottle
- Intense purple red, with violet nuances and garnet reflections
- Delicately vinous, it is composed of a refined and complex bouquet, in which hints of blackberries, plum, vanilla, leather, and coffee blend harmoniously
- Full-bodied, rich, and intense, never overbearing and with an enveloping final note
- SERVING TEMPERATURE
- 64 °F
- ALCHOL CONTENT
- 14,5% by vol
- FOOD PAIRING
- Excellent with grilled red meats, mature cheeses, roast lamb, and game dishes
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- Open the wine bottle two hours before being served to perceive all its nuances
- 750 ml